That driver on the CB said his truck gets 8mpg - Is that even possible?
You can make that statement ring true for your rig by making small changes in your driving habits and how you maintain your equipment.
There are many factors, technical and general that contribute to how large commercial trucks perform in the area of fuel efficiency, but this short article covers just some of the basic things you can do to improve fuel mileage.
Keeping the Books Straight for Truckers
- How do I know whether my trucking business is turning a profit?
- How do I setup an accounting system for my trucking business?
- Is there a one-size-fits-all book-keeping system for trucking businesses?
- I do not want to learn how to do accounting, do I need to hire an accountant?
- Staying organized is not one of my strengths -is running a trucking business for me?
- I think my truck revenue was over $250,000 last year, but I can't tell where it went!
- How do I keep track of which shipper or broker owes me money?
- I think the economy is busting my truck business, -maybe?
- My spreadsheet is out of whack! I can't tell whether the numbers are real or not.
- Is there a way I can stick it to the man and win in my small trucking biz?
- Do you hate doing Taxes?
- Do you know how much your trucking business made last month?
- Can you provide accurate information about that load you hauled last month to Denver?
- How much am I paying my owner-operators?
- Do you have a clue who your customers are?
- Do you need help keeping your bookkeeping up-to-date?
These are critical questions to ask yourself if you're in the trucking biz, and all too often we don't have straight answers to go along. It's hard enough to juggle all the responsibilities of running your business, let alone fit and keep all the puzzles in place.